MCLEAN, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Worldwide’s (NYSE: HLT) iconic luxury hotel brand, today unveiled a new partnership with Italian super sports car maker, Automobili Lamborghini, to offer automotive aficionados a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get behind the wheel of the most rare supercars on the planet. Waldorf Astoria guests will be given special access to drive on some of the most scenic routes in the country and experience the dramatic, dynamic, and pure performance of Lamborghini’s powerful naturally aspirated V10 engine.
“We are thrilled to begin our partnership with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, uniting two iconic brands, both of which represent timeless luxury”
This year’s Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences, which officially launched in 2014, will offer guests the unique opportunity to test drive Lamborghini’s latest models, including the new Lamborghini Huracán LP 580-2 and Huracán LP 610-4 Spyder, at seven distinct Waldorf Astoria’s properties worldwide.
Each of Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences will take place during key events in the respective destinations and kicked off at the Waldorf Astoria Park City, Utah from July 7 – 10 during the 12th Annual Park City Food & Wine Classic.
Customized driving routes allow guests to travel through the most iconic roadways within each destination, highlighting favorite sights and historic landmarks. Each participating property will offer 30-minute sessions each day, led by Lamborghini’s professional driving instructors.
While on-property, guests can also virtually experience routes from other cities through Gear VR Oculus goggles. Guests will be digitally transported to key Waldorf Astoria destinations, including Trianon Palace Versailles outside of Paris where they will be taken on a driving tour of the City of Lights through 3-D video simulation. The immersive 360-videos are also accessible on Waldorf Astoria’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/WaldorfAstoria) allowing fans to experience 3-D drives in the comfort of their own home.
The driving experiences will take place at the following Waldorf Astoria properties:
- July 7 – 10, 2016 – Waldorf Astoria Park City – During the 12th Annual Park City Food & Wine Classic
- September 8 – 11, 2016 – Waldorf Astoria New York – During the US Open
- October 7 – 9, 2016 – Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel – During the Paris Motor Show
- November 3 – 7, 2016 – Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort – During the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
- November 10 – 19, 2016 – Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah – During the Dubai Motor Festival
- November 20 – 22, 2016 – Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah – During Martyrs’ Day and the UAE’s National Day
“The parallels between our luxury hotel and this legendary automotive brand will lend an even more bespoke experience to our guests,” said John T.A. Vanderslice, global head, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. “We are thrilled to announce this year’s Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences and our new partnership with Automobili Lamborghini, continuing our legacy of offering truly unforgettable, one-in-a-lifetime moments.”
“We are thrilled to begin our partnership with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, uniting two iconic brands, both of which represent timeless luxury,” said Stefano Domenicali, Chief Executive Officer, Automobili Lamborghini. “The Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts’ properties provide the ideal backdrop for our exceptional supercars, offering guests the freedom to test drive at their leisure.”
The Lamborghini Huracán is known for its inspiring technology, outstanding quality, and breathtaking performance and is equipped with all of the luxuries for a comfortable daily drive. With its distinctive exterior design and unparalleled driving dynamics, Lamborghini’s signature model is as exciting to look at as it is to drive.
Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences follow the brand’s commitment to deliver unparalleled experiences through its existing heritage programs, including:
- Waldorf Astoria Unforgettable Experiences, an initiative introduced in 2015 to highlight truly bespoke offerings from each of the brand’s 27 properties worldwide
- Taste of Waldorf Astoria, a global culinary competition created in partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Waldorf Astoria Master Chefs to find the next iconic dish
- Taste of Waldorf Astoria Unforgettable Experiences, a collection of experiential gastronomic packages that allow guests to embark on their own Taste of Waldorf adventures around the world
- Waldorf Astoria Golf Experiences, a collection of once-in-a-lifetime packages that pair the most elite golf experiences with luxury accommodations
To learn more about or to book the Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences, please visit www.waldorfastoria.com/drivingexperiences or call 1-800-WALDORF (1-800-925-3673).
Follow these Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtags #WaldorfMoment and #WaldorfDrive. For more information about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, please visit www.waldorfastoria.com or http://news.waldorfastoria.com.
*Terms & Conditions: Must be a guest staying on property; no charge for test drives, must have valid driver’s license + insurance and be over the age of 18.